How Mindfulness Skill Helps Improve Your Diet
Making the decision to live a healthy lifestyle complete with a nourishing diet is easy to do. The hard part is living it.
For many people, stress can make you crave fat storing comfort foods
You must find a good way to release your stress.
What follows is a simple mindfulness technique that’s super easy to do. Go ahead, try it!
Making the decision to live a healthy lifestyle complete with a nourishing diet is easy to do. The hard part is living it, and making the decision daily to take good care of yourself and your body. By practicing Mindfulness, you can improve your diet, and stay on track with your goals.
What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the meditation practice of sitting quietly, focusing on your breaths, in and out. Its intent isn’t to rid your mind of thoughts, or keep from thinking. It’s intended to help you balance and accept yourself, your thoughts, and be aware of your body in the moment.
How Do You Meditate With Mindfulness?
Meditation may sound intimidating or like something you don’t have the time or focus to do, but Mindfulness is something anyone can practice, no matter where they are physically or mentally.
To Practice Mindfulness, You Can Follow These Steps:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place.
- Sit on a pillow or a chair. If you’re sitting on a pillow, cross your legs comfortably making sure your hips are above your knees. If you choose to sit on a chair, sit with your back straight and your feet flat on the floor. Don’t slouch. Place your hands palm up or down on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and begin breathing, in and out.
- Focus on your breath, and pay attention to your thoughts. If they contain worries and stresses of the day, just breathe them out.
- As you breathe, don’t try to stop your thoughts, follow or change them. Just let them be and focus on who you are in that moment.
- Breathing rhythmically in and out, become aware of your body. Use your breathing to connect to your body, mind and self as a whole just where you are.
How Can Mindful Meditation Help Improve Your Diet?
You may wonder how Mindful breathing and meditation can help you improve your diet and stay on track with your weight loss goals. You’ll find that they support one another quite well.
1-Releases Tension And Relieves Anxiety
When you release tension from your body through Mindful Meditation, you’ll reduce the anxiety and stress that’s likely taking a toll on your body. If you’re peaceful, relaxed, and free of stresses you’ll be less likely to use food for comfort. Emotional eating is linked to stress. By freeing yourself from this, you can minimize or eliminate emotional eating and enjoy healthy, nourishing meals.
2-Engages And Focuses Your Mind And Increases Body Awareness
Breathing in and out, while allowing your mind and body to be aware of one another engages the brain and connects you to your body in a way that is calming, yet invigorating.
By being mindful of the moment you’re in, and how special you, your mind and body all are, you begin to value all your parts, thoughts, and self. This type of mindset makes you peaceful, grateful and encourages you to take the time to give yourself the best care, food, and love possible.
3-Creates Acceptance Of Who You Are Now, And Inspires The Journey Of Where You Want To Go
Being able to love yourself, and accept where you’re at in your journey will lend itself nicely to keeping you on track in your healthy eating ambitions. If you constantly feel worthy of the care you’re taking to feed your body healthy fuel and treat yourself well, you’ll be less likely to become discouraged and give up before you reach your healthy goals.
Mindfulness teaches you to be calm and recognize your thoughts, and who you are in any moment you’re practicing. Being mindful of your mind, body, and self as one can be very powerful in helping you achieving a healthy balanced life.